The Patient Institute offers volunteer opportunities for students, healthcare professionals, educators, IT enthusiasts, translators, speakers, fundraisers, administrative assistants, patients, caregivers, and others passionate about our mission.
The Patient Institute only has one rule for volunteers: You must have fun while volunteering for us!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 210.862.1678 to learn more.
Our internships, whether through a school or university course/program (formal) or independent (informal) provide those interested in a career in healthcare delivery, public health, healthcare administration, nonprofit public charities, and others with real world experience. We are a small all-volunteer organization, so you will quickly become part of the team, working closely with the Executive Board and members of the Board of Directors.
Who should apply?
Students, recent graduates, and anyone passionate about our mission.
What will I be doing?
Assisting the executive team and board members, project leadership/coordination, data analysis, social media, fundraising, creating presentations and much more.
Where will I work?
Both remotely and meeting places around the city.
Why do an internship?
For learning, experience, and college credit.
Will I be paid?
No, but the knowledge gained and connections will be invaluable.
1. To provide the intern with an educational experience and to serve as a transition into the professional world
2. To extend the intern’s knowledge and skill base and to facilitate the application of these to a real world setting
3. To provide the intern with experience with the inner-workings of a nonprofit organization
4. To increase the productivity of the organization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• High level of computer competency
• Willing to help with any project no matter how large or small
• Ability to balance multiple priorities at once
• A strong desire to make a difference and a passion for our mission
Our internships, available for course credit, inspire, inform, and connect the next generation of healthcare and non-profit leaders.
For more information please email email@example.com.