WE LEAP: Strategic Training for Future Healthcare Professionals
WE LEAP stands for WEllness Leadership, Ethics, Applied Economics, and Professionalism. WE LEAP, held at UT Health, is a free monthly program, provided by The Patient Institute to enhance the training of future physicians and other healthcare professionals.
WE LEAP 2016-2017 was a success! Planning for 2017-2018 has already begun, stay tuned!
Click here for the WE LEAP brochure
What's WE LEAP? Watch our short intro video!
Why participate in WE LEAP?
- Gain the skills and tools to become an effective and caring provider who leads a balanced, healthy life
- Take advantage of the opportunity to talk to practicing doctors and other professionals
- Participate in interactive presentations from experts in the field
What topics are covered?
- Leadership & Professionalism
- Negotiation & Strategic Planning
- Health Literacy
- Quality & Safety
- Personal Business / Financial Planning
- Legal 101
- Planning an Academic Career
When is WE LEAP?
WE LEAP will begin meeting monthly on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 from 6-8pm at the UTHSCSA (7703 Floyd Curl Dr). Sessions will continue through April, on the second Tuesday of every month.
How much does WE LEAP cost?
Nothing! This is a free program.
What are examples of past expert WE LEAP speakers?
- Karen Aufdemorte, MHA, Center for Patient Safety and Health Policy at the UTHSCSA
- George P. Becknell, III, CLU, ChFC, CFBS, Financial Planner specializing in assisting physicians, past president of the San Antonio Sports Foundation
- Graciela Cigarroa, J.D., LL.M., Attorney, Director, The Patient Institute, General Counsel at CentroMed
- Jacqueline Dansby, Ph.D., Director Upward Bound Pre-College Program and Adjunct Faculty at St. Mary’s University
- Phillip Holcomb, Ph.D., Adjunct Faculty and Professor of Geriatrics, Gerontology and Palliative Medicine at UTHSCSA
- Carlos N. Moreno, AIA Principal, Director, The Patient Institute, Partner at THW Design
- Adam V. Ratner, M.D., F.A.C.R., Chair, The Patient Institute, Clinical Professor Radiology UTHSCSA
- Varda H. Ratner, MBA, President and CEO of The Patient Institute
- Larry L. Roberson, J.D., Bexar County District Attorney’s Office-Civil Division, Chairman of Supervisory Committee, SAFCU
- Melanie Stone, MPH, M.Ed., Director of Community Service Learning Program-Center for Medical Humanities & Ethics at UTHSCSA
- Beverley Wright, R.N., B.A., Senior Operations Clinical Advisor for Aspen Medical USA, Adjunct Professor at the University of New South Wales and The Canberra University
How do I sign up?
For more information, please contact:
Janet Poole, Secretary
The Patient Institute
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
WE LEAP 2016-2017 Photos
Session 1 (9.13.16)
Session 3 (11.15.16)
Session 2 (10.11.16)
Session 4 (12.13.16)
Session 5 (2.21.17)
Session 6 (3.21.17)
Session 7 (4.11.17)
Our internships, available for course credit, inspire, inform, and connect the next generation of healthcare and non-profit leaders. Please contact us for more information.